Death Of A Salesman In Class Essay Outline
12 Good Essay Topics On Death Of A Salesman For High School Students
Death of a Salesman is a masterpiece penned by one of the greatest American playwrights – Arthur Miller. The play weaves a lot of stories and aims at displaying how middle-class people are trapped by their own dreams and reality.
The enlightening play
The play enlightens us on several fronts and most of its characters are largely identifiable. The character of Willy Loman, who lives in meretricious splendor and creates a glass palace in his vision but later succumbs to his brutish reality, is a moral take at catharsis, if you will.
The popularity quotient
The play is extremely popular the world over even 66 years after its first publication and surprises everybody with the crispness with which it comes as relevant to all spaces and times. The book extracts inspiration from some of the common loves; their aspirations, dreams and interaction with reality. It has been adapted into many a movie worldwide.
Fresher every time
The best thing about Death of the Salesman is that every time you read it, you come across a different perspective, a different realization. In this sense, it emulates Catcher in the Rye and Alice in Wonderland and offers remarkable scope for delightful essay topics.
Here are 12 high school essay topics on the play death of a Salesman
- Discuss how Willy being trapped in his own dreams is a clear sketch of most middle-class people
- Write an essay how Arthur scopes through Biff the power of turning the tide and taking the reality face on
- Does the book symbolizes that those with a mind full of reason are almost unable to show emotions
- Discuss whether the death of Willy Loman is actually a blessing for him; considering he feels he is helping Happy with his death
- Evaluate the character of Charley; the sole mate of Willy in a descriptive essay
- Is Ben a vision in everyman’s life – a person who can change the course of life with his single touch?
- Suggest the strains of existent sibling rivalry in a probing essay
- Is Willy madder at Biff than at Happy because he sees a reflection of himself in Happy?
- Does Ben suffer to reach heights because of his sexual appetite; or has his father killed something in him?
- Is Linda the character with grey and neutral shades; empathizing with Willy but actually not understanding him?
- Is the book an allegory with a moral that one should not rush for material pursuits?
- Discuss the relevance of Willy’s job as a salesman and the underlying metaphor in a conceptual essay.
+ All Death Of A Salesman American Dream Essays:
- Death of a Salesman Essay
- The Illusion of the American Dream
- The Requiem Scene in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
- The Great Gatsby - The American Dream
- Willy Loman Died a Coward in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- To What Extent Is Aurther Miller's 'All My Sons' a Critique of the American Dream?
- The Hamartia of Blindness in Death of a Salesman and Oedipus Rex
- Gatsby and the American Dream
- The American Dream in The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
- Sister Carrie and the American Dream
- Willy Loman and the American Dream
- Of Mice and Men on the American Dream
- Rip Van Winkle and American Dream
- Failures in Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
- The Fallacy of the American Dream in Fitzgerald’s "The Great Gatsby"
- The Death and Life of Great American Cities Analysis
- My Opinon on the American Dream
- The Great Gatsby and The American Dream of the 1920’s
- No American Dream for Some
- Struggles and Tensions in Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller and Fences by August Wilson
- Death of Salesman by Arthur Miller
- The American Dream: The Essence of America
- Rodriguez, Anzaldua, and the American Dream
- Pride in Macbeth and Death of a Salesman
- The Two Willy Lomans in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- The American Dream in A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
- Work and Happiness in Death of a Salesman and Remains of the Day
- The American Dream According to John Steinbeck
- American Dream by Definintion an American Social Ideal
- Withering of the American Dream in The Great Gatsby
- The American Dream is Built on Family Bonds
- The American Dream in The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The American Dream in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men
- Death of a Salesman
- Illusion and Reality in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- The American Dream in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- The Fall of the American Dream in The Great Gatsby
- Accidental Murder and the American Dream in in "The Great Gatsby"
- Themes of Failure, Self Delusion, and Conflict in "Death of a Salesman"
- Compare/Contrast Willy Loman (Death of a Salesman) and Walter Lee Younger (a Raisin in the Sun)
- Comparing Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller and Fences by August Wilson
- Individual Choice and Failure in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- The American Dream Is Sublime Motivation
- Death Of A Salesman
- Death of a Salesman - Father-Son Relationships
- Using Time Lapses in Death of a Salesman
- American Dream in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott, Fitzgerald
- Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin In The Sun - Dignity and the American Dream
- All Men and Women have the Right to the American Dream
- Glass Salesman: A Comparison of Themes In a Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
- The American Dream: Colonial Period
- The American Dream in the Jungle
- The Great Gatsby EssayÂ—Failure of the American Dream
- Creative Writing: The Power of the American Dream
- Willy Loman as Coward in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- The Corruption of the American Dream in The Great Gatsby
- Gatsby's American Dream
- The American Dream in The Great Gatsby
- The American Dream in The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- The Significance of Music in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- American Dreams and Its Depiction in `of Mice and Men'.
- Pressure to Conform in Miller’s Death of A Salesman and Ibsen’s A Doll House
- The Godfather: An American Dream Story
- The American Dream in Citizen Kane and The Great Gatsby
- Walt Disney: American Dream Achiever
- American Dream
- Death of a Salesman, a Film Review
- The Theme of Dishonestly in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- Common Man as Tragic Hero in Death of a Salesman
- Willy Loman, Jay Gatsby, and the American Dream
- Death of a Salesman
- The American Dream in Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck